Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1st

"Its so important to embrace the process towards a goal in order to fully achieve/accomplish the highest level of Success!"
- more ore less the quote of Piere Lafontaine -Director of Swim Canada!
I wanted to throw this in here because every day that we come to the pool and walk through the door...i assume that people want to improve and get faster...so often we forget that its the little things day in and day out that are so important in achieving these goals...whether its streamlining off the walls or finishing your stroke by your hips...it all matters! I hope that if anyone ever gets the chance to listen to Piere they should! But its this notion that I believe truely sums up not only my role as a coach but the roles of each individual swimmer. I hope anyone can take this and apply it to anything they do!

3 x 100 free @ 140/150/2/210
400 Free @ 620/640/7/8
2 x 50 Free @45/50/55/60

8 x 25 Breast as 1 dr 1 swim @ 45
200 Breast swim working on under water pull outs!
6x 25 Back as 1 Catch up 1 swim @ 45
200 Back swimm
4 x 25 Fly as 1 drill 1 swim @ 45
2 x 50 Fly @ 50/55/65!

3 x 50
#1 only 4 breaths
#2 only 2
#3 Zero!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Brad, I do want to improve and get faster. However, after my long and arduous half marathon quest last spring, I lost some of my competitive fire and the "eye of the tiger". Having said that, for brief periods (e.g. for one set or so) over the last three or four practices, I've been starting to get some of that back. Be patient with me. I'll come around eventually.

Hyack Masters Swimming said...

I didn't mean to question or point fingers at anyones work ethic in practice! Im very excited that you're getting that fire back though! Take as long as you need to get back into it 100%...i'll be there on the other side waiting and cheering! :) Have a great day! Hope to see you at practice :D!